EuroAsian Automotive is Environmentally Conscientious.
Environmental Leadership is very important to George Rode and his crew at Euro-Asian. They have done an extreme amount to make as little impact to the fragile world as possible.
Euro-Asian has its roof covered with solar panels for renewable electricity production. This photovoltaic system, which cost in excess of $100,000, generates about 1/3 of the power required by the company on an annual basis. Imagine if all businesses did this how much less impact businesses would have, keeping in mind that over 47% of the US 's electricity is produced by coal! Click here to see how much energy our photovoltaic system is producing right now.
Euro-Asian has been awarded the stringent ECO certification administered by the City of Eugene . It is a voluntary certificate. The process requires response to a 120-question application, and inspections by the City of Eugene, the Department of Environmental Quality, and the EWEB waste water treatment plant. The Eco-Certification process exceeds local environmental requirements and focuses on air and water pollution prevention and hazardous waste reduction. Some components of the certification are:
- recycling materials such as oil and air filters, metals and fluids whenever possible
- training for spill prevention and response
- investing in energy efficient equipment
- purchasing products with post-consumer recycled content
- waste water management
- water conservation measures
- developing a toxic use reduction plan
adding secondary containment for our containment of motor oil, coolant, windshield washer fluid, and brake clean in case of any spills.
labeling the exterior drains with no dumping signs.
adding a no idle sign in our parking lot.
making a binder dedicated to our recycling habits, spill plan, and our purchase plan for purchasing recycled office products.
In EWEB's Stormwater Connections publication, EuroAsian Automotive was among those featured in an article titled "'Eco-Biz' Certified Auto Shops are Helping the Environment". View it here. (PDF - 2.2Mb)
Lane County Pollution Prevention Coalition
- Adding secondary containment for our containment of motor oil, coolant, windshield washer fluid, and brake clean in case of any spills.
- Labeling the exterior drains with no dumping signs.
- Adding a no idle sign in our parking lot.
- Making a binder dedicated to our recycling habits, spill plan, and our purchase plan for purchasing recycled office products.
Euro-Asian has gone above and beyond by installing bulk systems to supply most oils and antifreeze used in car maintenance. This means less plastic containers going into the landfill (oil and antifreeze plastic bottles are not recyclable). We are more than glad to take waste oil, antifreeze and batteries for recycling.
We are Bring Recycling certified, the Rethink program. We were awarded the Mayors award for Sustainability.
In 2018, we were the recipient of the Mayor's award for Bold Step.
Electronic composites removed from vehicles are recycled. The bottom line is less impact on the environment.
Decreasing Our Carbon Footprint
- Installed low flow toilets
- Installed LED Flood Lights
- Installed High Efficiency ductless heat pumps
Euro-Asian has received the Eugene Garden Club Award for having a nicely landscaped business. Nice landscaping adds to the enjoyment and livability of Eugene.