Below is a copy of the new memorandum to our employees
As of today, May 21, 2020 per CDC, WHO, OSHA and our team here are a few procedures we would like to put in place concerning Covid-19. Follow the policies and procedures of your employer relating to illness, cleaning and disinfecting and safety.
**All employees will have temperatures checked upon arrival at the worksite by managers; those temps will be recorded on a spreadsheet.
- Stay home if you are sick, except to get medical care. Learn what to do if you are sick.
- If your temperature is above 100.3f, do not come to work, inform manager immediately.
- Inform your supervisor if you have a sick family member at home with COVID-19 or symptoms relating to Covid-19. Learn what to do if someone in your house is sick.
- Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Use hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol if soap and water are not available.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth with unwashed hands.
- Cover your mouth and nose with a tissue when you cough or sneeze or use the inside of your elbow. Throw used tissues in the trash and immediately wash hands with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. If soap and water are not available, use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol. Learn more about coughing and sneezing etiquette on the CDC website.
- Clean AND disinfect frequently touched objects and surfaces such as workstations, keyboards, telephones, handrails, and doorknobs. To disinfect, use products that meet EPA’s criteria for use against SARS-CoV-2external icon, the cause of COVID-19, and are appropriate for the surface.
- Avoid using other employees’ phones, desks, offices, or other work tools and equipment, when possible. If necessary, clean and disinfect them before and after use.
- Practice social distancing by avoiding large gatherings and maintaining distance (approximately 6 feet or 2 meters) from others when possible.
- Prior to entering a customer car,
- Managers to sanitize keys with Lysol wipes
- Technicians are to wear new set of gloves with each vehicle.
- Adjust climate control in vehicle to the off position.
- Maintain cleanliness of customer vehicle at all times for our safety.
- Turn in paperwork in the marked areas to avoid unnecessary touching.
- When completed job on customer, wipe down areas you touch.
- When speaking customer any employee must wear a mask
********PLEASE NOTE: AS THINGS CHANGES WITH KNOWLEDGE OF THE VIRUS SO MIGHT PROCEDURES – BE FLEXIBLE! WE ARE DOING THIS FOR YOUR PROTECTION, YOUR FAMILIES AND OUR CUSTOMERS.